sive Health Benefits
Here are eight impressive health benefits of apples.
* They’re commonly used in recipes, like pies, cookies, muffins, jam, salads, oatmeal, or smoothies.
* In addition to their culinary versatility and numerous colors and flavors to choose from, apples are an exceptionally healthy fruit with many research-backed benefits.
1. Apples are a good source of fiber and vitamin C. They also contain antioxidants, like vitamin E, and polyphenols that contribute to the fruit’s numerous health benefits.
2. Apples are particularly filling due to their high fiber and water content. Their polyphenols may also have anti-obesity effects.
3. Apples promote heart health in several ways. They’re high in soluble fiber, which helps lower cholesterol.
4. Eating apples is linked to a lower risk of type 2 diabetes, potentially due to their polyphenol content.
5. The type of fiber found in apples improves your gut-friendly bacteria, which may be why the fruit is thought to help protect against chronic diseases.
6. Apple’s fiber and antioxidant content have been linked to a reduced risk of certain types of cancer. However, more research in humans is needed.
7. Apples contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help regulate immune responses and protect against asthma.
8. Quercetin in apples may protect your brain against oxidative stress. However, further research is needed to validate the effect of eating the whole fruit.
* Apples are an incredibly nutritious fruit that offers multiple health benefits.
Click to explore
13 Emerging Health Benefits