and Nutritional Benefits
This article examines the many nutritional and health benefits of pomegranates.
* Pomegranates are round, red fruits. They feature a white inner flesh that’s densely packed with crunchy, juicy edible seeds called arils.
*pomegranates are worth adding to your healthy eating routine.
1. Pomegranates in their whole fruit form are low in calories and fat and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
2. Pomegranates are rich in an array of antioxidant compounds that help protect your cells from free radical damage.
3. Although more research is needed, pomegranates contain compounds that may help prevent chronic inflammation associated with increased chronic disease risk.
4. Pomegranate has been observed to have anticancer effects. It may slow tumor growth and spread and reduce inflammation, although more research is needed to learn more.
5. Compounds in pomegranate may help reduce kidney stones, possibly as a result of their antioxidant properties.
6. Pomegranates contain compounds that help fight off potentially harmful bacteria, fungi, and yeast particularly germs in the mouth that can cause bad breath and tooth decay..
7. There is evidence that fruits rich in polyphenolic compounds, such as pomegranate, may benefit heart health.
8.Pomegranates contain com
may improve exercise endurance and recovery.
9. Compounds in pomegranate may help protect brain health, especially when it comes to Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and recovery from brain injury.
10. Pomegranate compounds may promote healthy gut bacteria and reduce inflammation in the digestive tract.
Click to explore