Foods That Are Super Healthy
Here are 50 incredibly healthy foods. Most of them are surprisingly delicious.
It’s easy to wonder which foods are healthiest. A vast number of foods are both healthy and tasty.
* By filling your plate with fruits, vegetables, quality protein sources, and other whole foods, you’ll have meals that are colorful, versatile, and good for you.
1.Apples are high in fiber, vitamin C, and numerous antioxidants. They are very filling and make the perfect snack if you find yourself hungry between meals.
2. Avocados are different from most other fruits because they’re loaded with healthy fats instead of carbs
3. Bananas are among the world’s best sources of potassium. They’re also high in vitamin B6 and fiber and are convenient and portable.
4. Blueberries are not only delicious but also among the most powerful sources of antioxidants in the world.
5. Oranges are well known for their vitamin C content. What’s more, they’re high in fiber and antioxidants.
6.Strawberries are highly nutritious and low in both carbs and calories.
7. Eggs are among the most nutritious foods on the planet.
8. Lean beef is among the best sources of protein when consumed in moderation and is loaded with highly bioavailable iron.
9. Chicken breast is low in fat and calories but extremely high in protein. It’s a great source of many nutrients. Again, feel free to eat fattier cuts of chicken if you’re not eating many carbs.
10. Lambs are usually grass-fed, and their meat tends to be high in omega-3 fatty acids.
11. Almonds are a popular nut loaded with vitamin E, antioxidants, magnesium, and fiber. Studies show that almonds can contribute to weight loss and improve metabolic health.
12. Chia seeds are among the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. A single ounce (28 grams) packs 11 grams of fiber and significant amounts of magnesium
13. Coconuts are loaded with fiber and powerful fatty acids called medium-chain triglycerides.
14. Macadamia nuts are very tasty. They’re much higher in monounsaturated fats and lower in omega-6 fatty acids than most other nuts.
15. Walnuts are highly nutritious and loaded with fiber and various vitamins and minerals.
16. Brazil nuts have a smooth, buttery texture; are loaded with nutrients; are beneficial for thyroid function
17. Asparagus is a popular vegetable that is low in both carbs and calories but loaded with vitamin K.
18. Bell peppers come in several colors, including red, yellow, and green. They’re crunchy and sweet and are a great source of antioxidants and vitamin C.
19. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that tastes great both raw and cooked. It’s an excellent source of fiber and vitamins C and K
20. Carrots are a popular root vegetable. They’re extremely crunchy and loaded with nutrients such as fiber and vitamin K.
21. Cauliflower is a very versatile cruciferous vegetable. It can be used to make a multitude of healthy dishes and also tastes good on its own.
22. Cucumbers are one of the world’s most popular vegetables. They’re very low in both carbs and calories, consisting mostly of water.
23. Garlic is incredibly healthy. It contains bioactive organosulfur compounds that have powerful biological effects, including improved immune function.
24. Kale has become increasingly popular because it’s incredibly high in fiber, vitamins C and K, and a number of other nutrients.
25. Onions have a very strong flavor and are very popular in many recipes. They contain a number of bioactive compounds believed to have health benefits.
26. Tomatoes are usually categorized as a vegetable, although they are technically a fruit. They are tasty and loaded with nutrients such as potassium and vitamin C.
27. Salmon is a type of oily fish that’s incredibly popular because of its excellent taste and high nutrient content, including protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
28. Sardines are small, oily fish that are among the most nutritious foods you can eat. They boast sizable amounts of most nutrients that your body needs, including calcium and vitamin D.
29. Shellfish ranks similarly to organ meats when it comes to nutrient density. Edible shellfish include clams, mollusks, and oysters.
30. Shrimp is a type of crustacean related to crabs and lobsters. It tends to be low in fat and calories but high in protein.
31. Trout is another type of delicious freshwater fish, similar to salmon.
32. Tuna is very popular in Western countries and tends to be low in fat and calories and high in protein.
33. Rice is one of the most popular cereal grains and is currently a staple food for more than half the world’s population.
34. Oats are incredibly healthy. They’re loaded with nutrients and powerful fibers called beta glucans, which provide numerous benefits
35. Quinoa has become incredibly popular among health-conscious people in recent years. It’s a tasty grain that’s high in nutrients such as fiber and magnesium.
36. Ezekiel bread may be the healthiest bread you can buy. It’s made from organic sprouted whole grains, as well as several legumes.
37. Overall, the best choice for bread may one you can make yourself. Here’s a list of 15 recipes for gluten-free, low carb breads.
38. Green beans, also called string beans, are an unripe variety of the common bean. They are very popular in Western countries.
39. Kidney beans are loaded with fiber and various vitamins and minerals. Make sure to cook them properly, because they’re toxic when raw.
40. Lentils are another popular legume. They’re high in fiber and are among the best sources of plant-based protein.
41. Peanuts (which are legumes, not true nuts) are incredibly tasty and high in nutrients and antioxidants.
42. Cheese is incredibly nutritious — a single slice may offer about the same amount of nutrients as an entire cup (240 ml) of milk.
43. Whole milk is very high in vitamins, minerals, quality animal protein, and healthy fats. What’s more, it’s one of the best dietary sources of calcium.
44. Yogurt is made from milk that is fermented through the addition of live bacteria. It has many of the same health effects as milk.
45. Extra-virgin olive oil is one of the healthiest vegetable oils. It contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and is very high in antioxidants that have powerful health benefits.
46. Coconut oil is a saturated fat, but it contains MCTs and may have similar health effects to olive oil.
47. Potatoes are loaded with potassium and contain a little bit of almost every nutrient you need, including vitamin C.
48. Sweet potatoes are among the most delicious starchy foods you can eat. They’re loaded with antioxidants, beta carotene, vitamin A, and all sorts of other healthy nutrients.
49. Apple cider vinegar may help regulate postmeal blood sugar levels when consumed with a meal, though more evidence is needed on its effectiveness.
50. Dark chocolate is loaded with magnesium and is one of the most powerful sources of antioxidants.
Click to explore
14 effective steps to weight lose 10 pounds in a month