8 Tips to Reduce Food Portions Without Increasing Hunger
This article contains 8 great tips to reduce food portions without making you hungrier.
1. Veggies add volume to your meal, letting you eat fewer calories for the same amount of food.
2. Protein helps your body feel more full than carbs or fat do. Include protein with each meal and snack to boost its power.
3. Drinking water with your meal saves you extra calories. What’s more, drinking a glass of water before a meal helps some people eat less.
4. Starting off with a low-calorie soup or salad takes the edge off your hunger, priming you to eat less of the main course.
5. Using smaller plates can help keep portion sizes in check while tricking your brain into thinking you’re eating more.
6. Limiting distractions and being mentally present while you eat can help you better recognize when you’re hungry or full.
7. Adding hot pepper or ginger to your meal may help you feel more full and eat less.
8. Soluble fiber helps keep hunger at bay. Find it in oatmeal, chia seeds, squash, beans, apples and pears.
Click to explore
Health Benefits of