Stetson Bennett may not be the best player in the history of Georgia football – that’s a title that still belongs to Herschel Walker.
But after winning his second College Football Playoff National Championship,
Bennett leaves UGA as the greatest player to ever don the red and black in the program’s storied history.
Former Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray, who holds nearly every UGA and SEC passing record,
has been a fan of Bennett’s since day one. Murray, who is the co-owner of The Players’ Lounge –
5. David Greene Greene started all four of his seasons at UGA and had a total record of 42-10 (80.77 win %) throughout his entire career.
He put up amazing stats, including 849/1440 (59%), 11,528 passing yards, 72 touchdowns, and 32 interceptions.
4. Fran Tarkenton In 1959, Tarkenton led Georgia to an SEC Title and an Orange Bowl win. In 1960,
he topped the SEC in total offense and was named an AP All-American.
3. Aaron Murray Murray holds nearly all of the Georgia and SEC passing records.
Throughout his four season as the Georgia starter, he led the team to a 36-18 record. n his career,
he went 921 of 1,478 (62.3%) for 13,166 yards, and 121 touchdowns, all of which are Georgia records.
2. Matthew Stafford Throughout Stafford’s three year career, he tallied 7,731 passing yards on 57.1%, 51 touchdowns,
and 33 interceptions. He also ran for 213 yards and 6 touchdowns.
1. Stetson Bennett The Mailman started his career as a walk-on at Georgia.