Natural Ways to Balance Your Hormone
Here are 10 natural ways to balance your hormones.
* Hormones are chemical messengers that have profound effects on your mental, physical, and emotional health.
* For instance, they play a major role in controlling your appetite, weight, and mood.
1. Eating sufficient protein triggers the production of peptide hormones, some of which suppress appetite and help you feel full.
2. Strength training, aerobics, walking, and other forms of exercise may modify hormone levels to reduce your risk of disease.
3. Maintaining a moderate weight is crucial for hormone health, as obesity is strongly related to hormonal imbalances that may impair insulin sensitivity and fertility.
4. A healthy gut microbiome may positively influence your hormones by regulating your appetite and reducing insulin resistance.
5. Diets high in sugar have been shown to promote insulin resistance, disrupt your gut microbiome, and reduce leptin production.
6. Engaging in meditation, yoga, and other soothing activities may help normalize your levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
7. Eating healthy fats may help reduce insulin resistance and levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
8. Poor sleep has been shown to decrease fullness hormones, increase hunger and stress hormones, and increase insulin resistance.
9. High fiber intake is linked to improvements in insulin sensitivity and the hormones that control hunger, fullness, and food intake.
10. Replacing a diet high in red meat and processed and refined foods with a Mediterranean-style diet rich in whole grains.
Click to explore
8 Health Benefits