5 Proven Benefits of BCAAs
(Branched-Chain Amino Acids)
Here are five proven benefits of BCAAs.
“Branched-chain” refers to the chemical structure of BCAAs, which are found in protein-rich foods such as eggs, meat and dairy products
* One of the most popular uses of BCAAs is to increase muscle growth.
1. Supplementing with BCAAs may decrease muscle soreness by reducing damage in exercised muscles.
2. BCAAs play an important role in building muscle. However, your muscles require all the essential amino acids for the best results.
3. BCAAs may be useful in decreasing exercise-induced fatigue, but they are unlikely to improve exercise performance.
4. Taking BCAA supplements can prevent the breakdown of protein in certain populations with muscle wasting.
5. BCAA supplements may improve the health outcomes of people with liver disease, while also possibly protecting against liver cancer.
*BCAAs are found in foods and whole protein supplements.
* Many protein-rich foods contain high amounts of BCAAs.
Click to explore
Health Benefits of