The Top 16 Health Benefits of Grapes
Here are the top 16 health benefits of grapes.
* Grapes offer a wealth of health benefits, primarily due to their high nutrient and antioxidant contents.
* Grapes are a rich source of copper and vitamin K. Copper is an essential mineral involved in energy production.
1. Grapes contain many important vitamins and minerals, including copper and vitamins B and K.
2.Compounds in grapes may protect against heart disease by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
3. Grapes are rich in antioxidants, which are beneficial plant compounds that may protect against chronic health conditions.
4. Antioxidants in grapes may prevent the growth and spread of multiple types of cancer, though human research is lacking.
5. Though grapes are high in sugar, their low to moderate GI makes them fairly safe to eat in moderation if you have diabetes.
6. Grapes contain several compounds — such as resveratrol, lutein, and zeaxanthin — that may help prevent common eye diseases.
7. Grapes contain compounds that may improve memory, attention, and mood, as well as protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
8. Grapes contain vitamins and minerals important for bone health, although more research is needed in humans.
9. Grapes contain several compounds that may have beneficial effects against harmful bacteria and fungi.
10. Resveratrol, which is found in grapes, has been shown to activate genes associated with slower signs of aging and longer lifespan.
11. Grapes contain compounds with anti-inflammatory effects, which may, in turn, protect against chronic diseases.
12. The antioxidant resveratrol in grapes may protect your skin from damage and promote hair growth but more research is needed.
13. Antioxidants in grapes may combat obesity by inhibiting appetite and preventing weight gain. However, research in humans is lacking.
14. As a good source of water and fiber, grapes may help relieve constipation.
15. Grapes are a natural source of melatonin, a hormone that may improve your sleep quality.
16. Grapes are easy to snack on or add to your meals. Grape juice and red wine — in moderation — may provide benefits as well.
Click to explore
10 Science-Based Benefits of Grapefruit