Here are the 9 best diet plans to help you improve your overall health.
* Diets aren’t just for weight loss. While changing your diet can be one of the best ways to lose weight, it can also be a gateway to improving your habits, and focusing on your health.
* While it’s not a weight loss diet, studies show that it can promote weight loss and overall health.
1. The Mediterranean diet emphasizes eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, fish, and healthy oils while restricting refined and highly processed foods.
2. The DASH diet is a low salt diet that has been shown to aid with weight loss.
3. Plant-based diets like veganism and vegetarianism can have real health benefits, such as a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
4. The MIND diet combines aspects of the Mediterranean and DASH diets and may help reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
5.WW, or Weight Watchers, is a weight loss and healthy eating program that uses a points-based system.
6. Intermittent fasting cycles between periods of fasting and eating. It has been shown to aid with weight loss and is linked to many other health benefits.
7. Volumetrics is designed to promote weight loss by having you fill up on nutrient-dense foods that are low in calories and high in water.
8. The Mayo Clinic diet utilizes an easy-to-follow pyramid to encourage exercise and a diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
9. Low-carb diets restrict your carb intake, which encourages your body to use more fat as fuel.