There are several aspects of football that make it a beautiful game with billions of followers around the world.
One of them will be the size and breadth of football stadiums in different parts of the world. As with the most popular sports,
it is not a surprise that the game demands big stadiums so that incredible memories can be created.
Yet, there are some stadiums that manage to overwhelm others in their size and magnitude. The top 10 football stadiums in the world are:
10. Signal Iduna Park The home of Borussia Dortmund Location: Dortmund, Germany Opened: 1974 Seating Capacity: 81,365 Construction Cost: €200 million in 2006
9. Borg El-Arab Stadium Location: Borg El Arab, Egypt Opened: 2009 Seating Capacity: 86,000 Construction Cost: €200 million in 2006
8. Bukit Jalil National Stadium Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Opened: 1998 Seating Capacity: 87,411 Construction Cost: RM800 million
7. Estadio Azteca Location: Mexico City, Mexico Opened: 1966 Seating Capacity: 87,525 Construction Cost: MXN$260 million
6. Wembley Stadium Location: London, England Opened: 2007 Seating Capacity: 90,000 Construction Cost: £789 million in 2007
5. Rose Bowl Location: Pasadena, United States Opened: 1922 Seating Capacity: 95,542 Construction Cost: $4 million in 2019
4. FNB Stadium Location: Johannesburg, South Africa Opened: 1989 Seating Capacity: 94,736 Construction Cost: $440 million
3. Camp Nou Location: Barcelona, Spain Opened: 1957 Seating Capacity: 99,354
2. Melbourne Cricket Ground Location: East Melbourne, Australia Opened: 1853 Seating Capacity: 100,024 Construction Cost: $150 million in 1992 and $460 million in 2006
1. Rungrado 1st of May Stadium Location: Pyongyang, North Korea Opened: 1989 Seating Capacity: 114,000