Health Benefits of CBD Oil — and a Look at Side Effects
This article covers 6 evidence backed health benefits of CBD products.
*CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant and then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut oil or hemp seed oil.
*Better known as CBD, it is one of more than 100 chemical compounds called cannabinoids that are found in the cannabis plant, Cannabis sativa.
1. CBD, especially in combination with THC, may be effective for reducing certain types of pain associated with conditions such as MS and fibromyalgia.
2. CBD use has been shown to improve some symptoms related to anxiety disorders. Researchers are currently investigating how CBD may be used in the treatment of other mental health disorders.
3. Though CBD may improve certain cancer-related symptoms in some people, research findings are currently mixed and more studies are needed to assess its effectiveness and safety.
4. CBD may be effective for treating seizures related to several health conditions. The prescription CBD product Epidiolex has received FDA approval to treat seizures.
5. Though more human studies are needed, CBD may benefit heart health in several ways, including by reducing blood pressure and improving artery function.
6. Some studies suggest that CBD may help with substance abuse disorders, mental health disorders, and certain types of cancers.
Click to explore
9 Signs You’re Dating a Narcissist — and How to Get Out