With money a topic of much discussion in the NCAA, who are the highest-paid college football coaches ahead of the 2022 CFB season?
Who are the highest-paid college football head coaches? Seems like a simple, innocuous question.
Yet, in these turbulent times for college football, the simplest reference to what someone involved in the sport may or may not get paid for their services has the potential to escalate into a volatile tirade.
Nevertheless, who are the highest-paid NCAA football coaches?
Highest-paid college football head coaches Fear not, there are no darts to be thrown here. There are no recruiting skeletons in our cupboard.
There is no glass to be broken in our houses.
Both Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher sit within the top 10 of the highest-paid head coaches in college football.
However, neither of them has a dollar to duel with the man atop the list.
1) Dabo Swinney, Clemson | $10.5 million (average annual value (AAV))
2) Nick Saban, Alabama | $10.395 million
3) Kirby Smart, Georgia | $10.25 million
4) Lincoln Riley, USC | $10+ million
T-5) Brian Kelly, LSU | $9.5 million
T-5) Mel Tucker, Michigan State | $9.5 million
T-5) Ryan Day, Ohio State | $9.5 million
8) David Shaw, Stanford | $8,925,000
9) Mario Cristobal, Miami (FL) | $8,000,000
10) Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M | $7,500,000
11) Lane Kiffin, Ole Miss | $7,250,000