Week 13's College Football Playoff rankings will have a new look with a top-five team falling and more.
College Football Playoff rankings predictions: Top 25 projections Week 13
1. Georgia (11-0) | Prev: 1 — Georgia's SEC dominance continued with a win over Kentucky.
2. Ohio State (11-0) | Prev: 2 — It looked shaky, but Ohio State pulled out the victory.
3. Michigan (11-0) | Prev: 3 — After a shaky win of its own, Michigan will battle Ohio State for a Big Ten Championship berth, bragging rights and more.
4. TCU (11-0) | Prev: 4 — TCU stays put as the fourth-best undefeated team.
5. Southern California (10-1) | Prev: 7 — After a ranked win over UCLA, the Trojans leapfrog LSU.
6. LSU (9-2) | Prev: 6 — LSU defeated UAB, but its biggest win came when Tennessee lost, giving the Tigers more hope for the playoff.
7. Alabama (9-2) | Prev: 8 — Alabama beat an FCS school to move to 9-2.
8. Clemson (10-1) | Prev: 8 — Clemson was behind Alabama last week and will stay behind them this week after both teams won, regardless of the level of opponent.
9. Oregon (9-2) | Prev: 12 — A top-10 win returns Oregon to the top 10.
10. Tennessee (9-2) | Prev: 5 — Not only did Tennessee lose to an unranked South Carolina team, but it also lost quarterback Hendon Hooker for the year. That double-whammy knocks the Vols out of playoff contention and down five spots in the rankings.
11. Penn State (9-2) | Prev: 11 — Penn State stands pat after beating Rutgers.
12. Kansas State (8-3) | Prev: 15 — Kansas State is the second best team in the Big 12 after winning its last two games.
13. Washington (9-2) | Prev: 17 — With a win and an Oregon loss, the Huskies can make the Pac-12 Championship game.
14. Utah (8-3) | Prev: 10 — Utah drops from the top 10 after losing to a ranked Oregon team. The Utes are behind Washington here, just like they are in the Pac-12 standings.
15. Notre Dame (8-3) | Prev: 18 — The Fighting Irish braved the elements to shut out Boston College.
16. North Carolina (9-2) | Prev: 13 — After losing to Georgia Tech, the Tar Heels have to fall behind Notre Dame in this week's rankings.
17. UCLA (8-3) | Prev: 16 — After UCLA's heartbreaking defeat to a crosstown rival, the Bruins only drop one spot because the loss came to a top-10 opponent.
18. Florida State (8-3) | Prev: 19 — Florida State handled its business, defeating Louisiana 49-17.
19. Tulane (9-2) | Prev: 21 — Tulane can clinch an AAC championship game berth with a win over Cincinnati to close the season.
20. Ole Miss (8-3) | Prev: 14 — Hotty Toddy is cooling down after losing in back-to-back weeks, this time to an unranked Arkansas team.
21. Oregon State (8-3) | Prev: 23 — Oregon State rises two spots after defeating Arizona State.
22. Cincinnati (9-2) | Prev: 25 — At 9-2, Cincinnati remains in contention for a New Year's Six bowl.
23. South Carolina (7-4) | Prev: NR — The Gamecocks blasted Tennessee, a then-top-five team. That makes South Carolina the lone 7-4 team in the rankings.
24. Coastal Carolina (9-1) | Prev: NR — Coastal Carolina had a bye last week but at 9-1 the Chanticleers deserve a spot in the rankings after a week off. Yet, Coastal Carolina only can rise so high after being left out of last week's rankings with the same record.
25. UCF (8-3) | Prev: 20 — UCF lost to Navy but hang on in the rankings thanks to wins over other ranked teams in Cincinnati and Tulane. Other teams in consideration include UTSA and Texas.
Dropped out: Oklahoma State (22), NC State (24)