What Is Dragon Fruit and Does It Have Health Benefits?
Here are dragon fruit and its health benefits.
* Dragon fruit is a tropical fruit that has become increasingly popular in recent years.
* Though people primarily enjoy it for its unique look and taste, evidence suggests it may provide health benefits as well.
*Overall, dragon fruit appears to be safe. However, people may develop an allergic reaction in some rare cases.
* Select a ripe fruit with bright red, evenly colored skin that gives slightly when squeezed.
1. Dragon fruit is a low-calorie fruit that is high in fiber and provides a good amount of several vitamins and minerals..
2. Dragon fruit is a tropical fruit native to Mexico and Central America. Its taste is like a combination of a kiwi and a pear.
3. Dragon fruit contains several antioxidants that protect your cells from damage. These include betalains, hydroxycinnamates, and flavonoids.
4. Animal studies suggest that dragon fruit may improve insulin resistance, liver fat, and heart health.
5. To date, there have been two reported cases of a severe allergic reaction to dragon fruit.
6. Dragon fruit is easy to prepare and can be enjoyed on its own or paired with other foods in healthy recipes.
7. Dragon fruit is a low-calorie fruit that contains less sugar and fewer carbs than many other tropical fruits.
8. Dragon fruit contains small amounts of several nutrients. It’s also a decent source of iron, magnesium, and fiber.
* Study results on the effects of dragon fruit on type 2 diabetes in people are inconsistent.
Click to explore
11 Surprising Benefits and Uses of Black Rice