College football — or football in general —
has turned into a passing game for several years now and the Big Ten conference not only has some great quarterbacks but some excellent pass catchers as well.
Purdue’s Charlie Jones led the entire nation with 1,361 yards and Ohio State receiver Marvin Harrison Jr. was eighth in the country with 1,157 yards.
Both Jones and Harrison Jr. were tied for fourth in all of football with 12 touchdowns caught.
We have already covered the Big Ten quarterbacks and running backs,
so we are moving forward with our Pro Football Focus grades by turning our attention to the pass catchers.
There are 19 players ranked here and it’s a combination of wide receivers and tight ends.
In order to be ranked, the players had to have caught a minimum of 40 catches in the regular season.
Here are the Big Ten receivers ranked by their PFF receiving grade.
19. Rakim Jarrett - Maryland Grade: 62.3 18. Mitchell Tinsley - Penn State Grade: 66.3
17. Aron Cruickshank - Rutgers Grade: 67.2 16. Jeshaun Jones - Maryland Grade: 68.1 15. Cam Camper - Indiana Grade: 68.7
14. Payne Durham - Purdue Grade: 70.3 13. Jayden Reed - Michigan State Grade: 71.2 12. Malik Washington - Northwestern Grade: 73.2
11. Keon Coleman - Michigan State Grade: 75.7 10. Isaiah Williams - Illinois 75.8
9. Ronnie Bell - Michigan Grade: 75.9 8. Chimere Dike - Wisconsin Grade: 76.2
7. Parker Washington - Penn State Grade: 76.7 6. Emeka Egbuka - Ohio State Grade: 81.4 5. Brevyn Spann-Ford - Minnesota Grade: 82.3
4. Sam LaPorta - Iowa Grade: 82.6 3. Trey Palmer - Nebraska Grade: 82.8
2. Charlie Jones - Purdue Grade: 83.8 1. Marvin Harrison Jr. - Ohio State Grade: 90.0