12 Simple Tips to Help Eliminate Gluten from Your Diet
This article provides 12 simple tips to help you eliminate gluten from your diet.
* Gluten is the collective name for a group of proteins found in grains like wheat, barley, and rye.
*Although most people can eat glutenwi thout any issues, it may be harmful to individuals with celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
1. To avoid gluten exposure from common grains,choose gluten-free grain alternatives like quinoa, brown rice, or buckwheat.
2. The FDA and EU regulate products that claim to be gluten-free. Additionally, some third-party organizations have established gluten-free certifications.
3. Eating more produce is a great way to eliminate gluten and optimize your intake of nutrients that may otherwise be lacking in a gluten-free diet.
4. Clean out any items in your pantry that contain wheat, barley, or rye. If other household members don’t require the same dietary restrictions as you do.
5. Avoid gluten-containing beverages like beer, wine coolers, and some pre-made smoothies. Instead, choose gluten-free beverages like water, coffee, and tea.
6. Social events may pose a risk for gluten exposure. Bringing a gluten-free dish from home is a great way to ensure a safe food.
7. Nuts and seeds are naturally gluten-free and are great sources of zinc, calcium, and fiber, all of which are nutrients that gluten-free diets may lack.
8. There are many different names for wheat like durum, kamut, and spelt.
9. Food manufacturers may add gluten to food products to improve texture and shelf life.
10. Dining out on a gluten-free diet can be expensive and may increase your risk of cross-contamination.
11. Many condiments contain added sources of gluten.
12. Join a gluten-free community to help navigate local restaurants, share recipes, and find support.
Click to explore
Health Benefits of Pista