* Other yogurt products that are high in protein include unsweetened low fat yogurt, which provides 11.9 grams of protein per 8-ounce (227-gram) container, and kefir, which provides 9.21 grams of protein per 1 cup (243 mL)
* 6. Milk: One cup (246 mL) of dairy milk provides 8.32 grams of protein
* 7. Lentils: One hundred grams (about 1/2 cup) of cooked lentils provides 9.02 grams of protein
* Other high protein legumes include chickpeas, which provide 7.05 grams of protein per 100 grams cooked, and black beans, which provide 8.86 grams of protein 100 grams cooked.
* 8. Lean beef: A 3-ounce (85-gram) serving of lean beef provides 24.6 grams of protein.
* 9. Fish: All types of fish are high in protein. For example, half a salmon fillet (124 grams) provides 30.5 grams of protein, while a cod fillet (180 grams) provides 41 grams of protein.
10. Quinoa: One cup (185 grams) of cooked quinoa provides 8 grams of protein
* 11. Protein powders: Whey protein powder provides about 16.6 grams of protein per scoop (28.6 grams), while pea protein provides 15 grams of protein per scoop (20 grams).
Note that the protein content per scoop differs between products, even when the scoop size is the same.
Check the label of the products you’re interested in for their specific protein content.
12. Ezekiel bread: One slice (60 grams) of Ezekiel bread provides 6 grams of protein (36).
13. Pumpkin seeds: A 1/4 cup (29.5 grams) of pumpkin seeds provides 8.8 grams of protein.
Other high protein seeds include sunflower seeds, which provide 7.25 grams per 1/4-cup (35-gram) serving, and flax seeds, which provide 7.5 grams of protein per 1/4-cup (42-gram) serving.
14. Turkey breast: A 3-ounce (85-gram) serving of turkey provides 25.6 grams of protein
15. Shellfish: A 3-ounce (85-gram) serving of cooked clams provides 21.8 grams of protein, while the same serving of shrimp provides 20.4 grams of protein.
16. Peanuts and peanut butter: A 1-ounce (28.35-gram) serving of peanuts provides 7.31 grams of protein, while a 2-tablespoon (32-gram) serving of smooth peanut butter provides 7.2 grams of protein.