National signing day has come and gone and while most teams had filled up their classes prior,
during the early signing period, there were a few additions once the ink was dry.
That said, the 2023 classes are now set in stone, and with recruiting being the lifeblood of any college football program,
the Big Ten didn’t exactly impress with its overall numbers.
Ohio State was the only team to reel in any five-stars, and it only brought in one — which it hadn’t done since 2016.
when Nick Bosa was the sole five-star commitment of that class. Penn State did well, Michigan underwhelmed,
MSU did better than recent years, while some other schools — Wisconsin and Purdue, for example — had to fill up a class despite a coaching change.
Using the 247Sports team rankings, here is how each team stacked up against the others, as well as where they ranked overall.
10. Northwestern Wildcats 9. Minnesota Golden Gophers
8. Illinois Fighting Illini 7. Iowa Hawkeyes
6. Maryland Terrapins 5. Nebraska Cornhuskers
4. Michigan State Spartans 3. Michigan Wolverines
2. Penn State Nittany Lions 1. Ohio State Buckeyes