Many people are interested in adding chia seeds to their diet but don’t quite know how to use them correctly. These tiny seeds pack a big nutritional punch,
so it’s important to make sure you’re putting them to good use! If you want to learn how to use chia seeds in water, keep reading to find out more.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds in Water
1. Chia Seeds in Water Can Help Reduce Chronic Inflammation However, chronic inflammation has been linked to metabolic diseases such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
An unhealthy lifestyle such as poor diet, lack of exercise, and smoking can increase your risk of inflammation.
2. Chia Seeds in Water are High In Antioxidants Antioxidants are essential elements that prevent or slow down cell damage caused by free radicals
If uncontrolled, free radicals can cause cell damage, leading to disease and accelerated aging.
3. Chia Seeds in Water Can Provide a Good Source Of Fiber Chia seeds contain high amounts of soluble fiber, which absorbs water and expands in the stomach.
This slows down the absorption of food and keeps you full longer, which prevents overeating and aids weight loss.
4. Chia Seeds in Water Can Help Reduce Blood Sugar Levels Chronically elevated sugar levels have been associated with insulin resistance, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
Consuming chia seeds water first thing in the morning may set the pace for your blood sugar levels throughout the day.
5. Chia Seeds in Water is Good For Bone Health Chia seeds' high calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium levels all work together to keep your bones strong.
Several studies have shown that diets high in chia seeds may help increase bone density and prevent osteoporosis
6. It Can Reduce Your Risk Of Heart Disease Heart disease can be due to many factors, including inflammation, excessive weight gain, and high blood pressure.
7. It’s a Great Source Of Plant-Based Protein By weight, chia seeds contain 14% of protein, with just two tablespoons providing up to 5 grams of protein.
8. It’s a Good Source Of Omega 3 Taking chia seeds water can help increase the level of alpha-linoleic acids in your body, also known as ALA.
9. Chia Seeds in Water is high in nutrients and low in calories With all the micronutrients and macronutrients, chia seeds water is a nutritional powerhouse.
Here are the nutrients to expect from 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in water. Fiber – 11 grams Protein – 5 grams Unsaturated fats including omega 3 fatty acids – 9 grams
It’s also high in micronutrients, including magnesium, calcium, manganese, potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), and vitamin C.