We haven’t heard much from ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit when it comes to where he believes the pecking order of college football is, but that appears to be changing.
During the season, the former Ohio State quarterback usually puts out his top few teams after each weekend’s games.
We didn’t get that from him in Week 1, but he’s back on the horse it appears after Week 2.
Being that he’s a former Buckeye, we’re always curious to see where Herbie puts OSU, and you’ll probably be pleasantly surprised with what he gives us for his first reaction to the 2022 season.
Keep in mind, Herbstreit generally only ranks the top four teams, then adds a couple of next-in types so you have an idea which teams he thinks should be worthy of College Football Playoff consideration at this point in a way-too-early feeling.
Still, it’s worth a debate, so we’re game for all of it. Here’s a look at Kirk Herbstreit’s top six teams as he sees it in college football right now with plenty of season still to go.
7. Clemson Tigers Record | 2-0 Last Week Result | 35-12 win vs. Furman Upcoming Game | vs. Louisiana Tech
6. USC Trojans Record | 2-0 Last Week Result | 41-28 win at Stanford Upcoming Game | vs. Fresno State
5. Michigan Wolverines Record | 2-0 Last Week Result | 56-10 win vs. Hawai’i Upcoming Game | vs. UConn
4. Alabama Crimson Tide Record | 2-0 Last Week Result | 20-19 win at Texas Upcoming Game | vs. UL-Monroe
3. Ohio State Record | 2-0 Last Week Result | 45-12 win over Arkansas State Upcoming Game | vs. Toledo
2. Georgia Bulldogs Record | 2-0 Last Week Result | 33-0 win vs. Samford Upcoming Game | at South Carolina
1. Kirk Herbstreit's tweet with the rankings My early top 4 which will be very fluid until we get more results and intel. 1-@GeorgiaFootball 2-@OhioStateFB 3-@AlabamaFTBL 4-@UMichFootball Next 2 @USC_FB @ClemsonFB https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/1568923310154473475?s=20&t=e5JC3VmHXsjIdzbI3CIlUw
6 Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, Backed by Science