12 daily habits that will help you lose weight while you sleep
Here are 12 reasons why getting enough sleep may help you lose weight.
* If you’re trying to lose weight, the amount of sleep you get may be just as important as your diet and exercise.
* Interestingly, mounting evidence shows that sleep may be the missing factor for many people who are having difficulty losing weight.
1. Studies have found that poor sleep is associated with weight gain and a higher likelihood of obesity in both adults and children.
2. Poor sleep may increase appetite, likely due to its effect on hormones that signal hunger and fullness.
3. Poor sleep can decrease your self-control and decision making abilities, as well as increase your brain’s reaction to food.
4. Poor sleep can increase your calorie intake by increasing late-night snacking, portion sizes, and the time available to eat.
5. Poor sleep may decrease your resting metabolic rate (RMR), although findings are mixed.
6. Getting enough sleep may increase your motivation to be more active and enhance your athletic performance, both of which can contribute to weight loss.
7. Eat on a schedule. “Our body runs on a circadian rhythm, which is the 24-hour schedule our bodies use to help us to function. It's the body's internal clock,our meal and sleep times.”
8. Eat a small dinner. There's an old saying: Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a lord, and dinner like a pauper.
9. Eat protein all day long. Feeding the body protein every few hours helps stabilize blood-sugar levels. And, this speeds up the metabolism all day (and night!) long.
10. Banish electronics from the bedroom. To lose weight overnight, all blue light devices — laptops, tablets and/or smartphones — need to go. The body needs to promote sleep.
11 . Go to bed earlier. your body has enough time to sleep and fall into your body’s circadian rhythm, both things that contribute to weight loss, according to research.
12. Get enough sleep. He suggested having a consistent sleep schedule and said that the average adult needs roughly seven and a half to nine hours of sleep.
Click to explore
The 17 Best Ways to Maintain Weight Loss