9 Signs You’re Dating a Narcissist — and
Here are dating a narcissist and how to get out.
*When someone posts one too many selfies on their social media or talks about themselves constantly during a first date, you might call them a narcissist.
* Like most mental health or personality disorders, there are varying degreesTrusted Source
*They are often unableTrusted Source to recognize the opinions and needs of others and are dismissive of others’ problems.
1. They were charming at first People who have NPD gravitate towardTrusted Source grandiosity and fantasy.
2. They hog the conversation, talking about how great they are People with NPD have an inflated sense of self-importance
3. They feed off your compliments Narcissists may seem like they’re super self-confident. But according to Tawwab, most people with NPD actually lack self-esteem.
4. They lack empathy Lack of empathy, or the ability to feel how another person is feeling, is one of the hallmark characteristics of a narcissist,
5. They don’t have any (or many) long-term friends It’s commonTrusted Source for people with NPD to have frequent conflicts with others
6. They pick on you constantly Maybe, at first, it felt like teasing, but then it became mean.
7. They gaslight you Gaslighting is a form of manipulation and emotional abuse, and it’s a hallmark of narcissism. People with NPD may tell blatant lies
8. The thing that drives a narcissist crazy is the lack of control and the lack of a fight. The less you fight back, the less power you can give them over you, the better
9. When you show them you’re really done, they lash out people with NPD are extremely vulnerable to humiliation and shame, and they often lash out.
Click to explore
9 Surprising Benefits of Kimchi