6 Emerging Benefits and Uses of Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
Top 6 health benefits and uses of carom seeds.
Test-tube studies show that carom seeds and its compounds may inhibit the growth of certain strains of bacteria and fungi, including
1. Animal studies show that carom seed powder and extract in high doses may reduce elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels — both of which are risk factors for heart disease.
2. Carom seeds may act as a calcium-channel blocker and help lower blood pressure levels, though current research is limited to animal studies.
3. There is some evidence that carom seeds may help fight peptic ulcers and improve indigestion, but research is limited to animal studies.
4. There is limited research suggesting that carom seeds may have anticoughing effects and could help increase airflow to the lungs.
5. Some evidence suggests that carom seed extract may have anti-inflammatory properties. However, research is limited to animal studies.
6. Carom seeds are safe to consume for the majority of people. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should avoid taking carom seeds .
Click to explore
8 Health Benefits