10 Surprising Health Benefits and Uses of Peaches
Here are 10 surprising health benefits and uses of peaches.
* Peaches — or
— are small fruit with a fuzzy peel and a sweet white or yellow flesh.
* peaches are nutritious and may offer an array of health benefits, including improved digestion, smoother skin, and allergy relief.
1. Peaches are high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They also contain beneficial plant compounds like antioxidants.
2. Peaches contain fiber, which contributes to smooth digestion and a lower risk of gut disorders.
3. Peaches contain compounds that may help reduce risk factors for heart disease, such as high blood pressure.
4. peaches and peach flowers may help keep your skin healthy by maintaining moisture and protecting against sun damage.
5. Compounds found in peaches may offer some protection against cancer by limiting the formation, growth, and spread of cancerous cells.
6. Peaches may help lower your immune system’s response to allergens, thus reducing allergy symptoms.
7. Peaches are rich in immune-boosting nutrients and antioxidants. Test-tube studies report that they may also fight certain types of bacteria.
8. In one study, peach extracts were given to smokers to increase the removal of nicotine through the urine.
9. May reduce blood sugar levels: Studies show that compounds found in peaches may help prevent high blood sugar levels and insulin resistance in obese rats.
10. Peaches may boost immunity, rid the body of toxins, and reduce blood sugar levels. However, research in these areas is limited.
* Peaches come in a wide range of varieties — some white, others yellow. White peaches are sweeter, while yellow ones tend to be more tart.
* Ripe peaches can also be frozen, but it’s best to first slice them and coat their flesh with a bit of lemon juice to avoid browning.
Click to explore
8 Health Benefits of Guava Fruit and Leaves