Notre Dame has been playing football since 1887 and now ranks in the top five all-time in victories with only Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama and Texas having more than the 918 Notre Dame has.
In all of those wins though, there are a little more than a handful of teams that the Fighting Irish have played but never walked away with a win against.
There are eight and before you scroll down, if you can name all eight (courtesy of Sports-Reference.com) your knowledge in the world of Notre Dame trivia is second to none.
1. University of Chicago The Maroons, who the Chicago Bears would steal the logo of years later, beat Notre Dame 23-6 in 1899, long before their very own Jay Berwanger walked away with the first Heisman Trophy.
2. Connecticut The final home game Charlie Weis would ever coach at Notre Dame was a Senior Day loss against Connecticut, 33-30 in overtime.
3. Georgia In three meetings all time (1981 Sugar Bowl, 2017/2019 Regular Season) Notre Dame has never beat Georgia, losing to the Bulldogs three times by a combined 14 points.
4. Knox College Who? The Galesburg, Illinois school played and beat Notre Dame 12-5 when the schools met in 1902. One of the best nicknames in sports, the Prairie Fire likely won't be showing up again on Notre Dame's schedule again anytime soon. At least I really doubt it.
5. Marshall In the 2022 home opener, Marshall stunned Notre Dame with a 26-21 victory that probably wasn't as close as the final score indicates. Matt Cashore-USA TODAY Sports
6. Oregon State Both times Notre Dame and Oregon State have met on the football field the games have oddly enough been played in Arizona. Chad Johnson and Oregon State blasted Notre Dame 41-9 in the 2001 Fiesta Bowl before beating Notre Dame in the Insight Bowl to cap the 2004 season.
7. Tulsa The Tulsa Golden Hurricane not only came to South Bend on Halloween weekend in 2010 but walked out with a victory over Notre Dame, which dropped the Irish to 4-5 on the season.
8. Yale Notre Dame was bested by Yale, 28-0 in the only meeting between the schools which was held back in 1914.
Of Yale's nine games played in '14, all but their game against Princeton was played in their New Haven, CT home.
College football: The Power 5's smallest stadiums