Tim Brando gets around as one of Fox Sports’ premier play-by-play men.
He has been on several Michigan football games throughout the years — basketball, as well — and he sees teams from all over the country.
Brando appeared on The Daily Wire’s college sports show, “Crain & Co.,” and revealed which teams he has in his preseason top 10
. He bucks a number of trends by having different teams, including a surprising No. 1, giving him an interesting cast for his upper echelon.
We included our thoughts about each team in his top 10. Do we feel like its inclusion is warranted or if it is too high or too low.
9. Tulane Green Wave Almost certainly too high, but Tulane is coming off a stellar season that culminated in a bowl game win over USC.
8. Penn State Nittany Lions Probably a good place for Penn State, despite most pundits having the Nittany Lions higher.
7. Kansas State Wildcats Some turnover this season, but the reigning Big 12 champs received little fanfare despite having won the conference.
6. Alabama Crimson Tide Probably too low, but Alabama could be a dynasty in decline.
5. Ohio State Buckeyes Ohio State is getting a ton of love nationally, which it deserves given the track record and the roster.
4. LSU Tigers A team that really rallied throughout the season, having an established quarterback and a solid head coach should propel LSU to a decent season.
3. Oregon Ducks Playing in the Pac-12 is certainly an upside for the Ducks, but Oregon is probably not the best team in its conference. I
2. Georgia Bulldogs Will Georgia take a step back after losing so many players to the NFL.
1. Michigan Wolverines Michigan has everything — a returning starting quarterback, perhaps the best offensive line in college football, two of the best running backs in the country.