Here are 9 of the top health benefits of watermelon.
* It’s sweet and juicy, making it the perfect treat to quench your thirst during the summer heat.
* This large round fruit has a green rind and bright red flesh. It’s also packed with nutrients, including antioxidants and vitamins A and C.
1. Watermelon’s high water content may help keep you hydrated — which supports your overall health — as well as feeling full.
2. Watermelon boasts numerous nutrients, including a substantial amount of vitamins A and C. It also offers antioxidants like lycopene and cucurbitacin E.
3. Watermelon contains plant compounds that may combat certain forms of cancer. However, more studies are needed.
4. The lycopene and citrulline in watermelon may support heart health by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.
5. Watermelon contains compounds that may help reduce inflammation, high levels of which are linked to numerous illnesses.
6. Lycopene may help prevent AMD due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Still, further studies are needed.
7. The citrulline in watermelon may help improve exercise performance and decrease muscle soreness.
8. Several nutrients in watermelon promote hair and skin health, though more research is necessary.
9. The fiber and water content in watermelon may aid your digestive health by supporting regular bowel movements.
Click to explore
Health Benefits of Nuts