While the 2023 class seems to be mostly complete aside from a few top-tier prospects, we are looking ahead to the 2024 recruiting cycle.
It will be interesting to see how year-one coaches fair in a full recruiting cycle.
Deion Sanders and Matt Rhule made some moves down the stretch to really bolster their rosters as they came in just weeks ahead of the early signing period.
Now those two coaches along with Wisconsin’s Luke Fickell, Auburn’s Hugh Freeze,
and Arizona State’s Kenny Dillingham will have a full year on the trails to make an impact on the next class.
There are some teams atop the leaderboard currently that we expect to be there,
but could we see some new contenders make a push for the top 10? We look at the top classes in 2024 as of Feb. 2.
1. Georgia Bulldogs It shouldn’t be a surprise to have the two-time defending national champions in the top spot this early on. But can they fend off Alabama in 2024?
2. LSU Tigers We are heading into Year 2 of the Brian Kelly era and his second full recruiting class.
3. Florida State Seminoles The Noles were able to see success on the field in 2022 and it certainly has helped on the trails. Could FSU be on the rise in college football once again?
4. Notre Dame Fighting Irish The Irish finished the 2022 season on a high note and it seems to have carried over into the early 2024 recruiting efforts.
5. Alabama Crimson Tide Once again the Tide and head coach Nick Saban will be among the top teams in recruiting. As usual, one should expect Alabama to shoot to the top of the rankings by the time signing day comes.