Enticing Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Here are 7 health benefits of chia seeds, all supported by science.
* Chia seeds may be small, but they’re incredibly rich in nutrients. A staple in the ancient Aztec and Maya diets health benefits for centuries.
* The antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids in chia seeds may promote heart health, support strong bones, and improve blood sugar management.
1. Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are highly nutritious. They’re packed with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and various micronutrients.
2. Chia seeds are high in antioxidants. These compounds help protect the seed’s delicate fats while also offering health benefits to humans.
3. Chia seeds are high in protein and fiber, both of which have been shown to aid weight loss.
4. Chia seeds may reduce the risk of heart disease, likely due to the fiber and ALA they contain. However, more human research is needed.
5. Chia seeds are high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and ALA. All of these nutrients have been linked to improved bone mineral density.
6. Animal studies suggest that chia seeds may help with blood sugar management, but more human research is needed.
7. Chia seeds are easy to prepare and often used as an egg substitute and added to oatmeal or smoothies.
* Given that chia seeds are high in fiber and omega-3s, consuming them may reduce your risk of heart disease.
* Consuming chia seeds may help with blood sugar regulation, possibly due to their fiber content and other beneficial compounds.
Click to explore
Tips for Weight Loss That Actually Work