Effective Tips to Lose Belly Fat (Backed by Science)
Here are 19 effective tips to lose belly fat, backed by scientific studies.
*Belly fat is more than a nuisance that makes your clothes feel tight. It’s seriously harmful.
* One type of belly fat — referred to as visceral fat — is a major risk factor for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and other conditions.
1. Some studies have linked a high intake of trans fat to increased belly fat gain. Regardless of whether you’re trying to lose weight.
2. Soluble fiber may help you to lose weight by increasing fullness and reducing calorie absorption. Try to include plenty of high fiber foods in your weight loss diet.
3. Excessive alcohol intake has been associated with increased belly fat. If you need to reduce your waistline, consider drinking alcohol.
4. High protein foods, such as fish, lean meat, and beans, are ideal if you’re trying to shed some extra pounds around your waist.
5. Stress may promote fat gain around your waist. Minimizing stress should be one of your priorities if you’re trying to lose weight.
6. Excessive sugar intake is a major cause of weight gain in many people. Limit your intake of candy and processed foods high in added sugar.
7. Aerobic exercise is an effective weight loss method. Studies suggest it’s particularly effective at slimming your waistline.
8. A high intake of refined carbs is associated with excessive belly fat. Consider reducing your carb intake or replacing refined carbs in your diet with healthy carb sources.
9. Strength training can be an important weight loss strategy and may help reduce belly fat. Studies suggest it’s even more effective in combination with aerobic exercise.
10. Avoiding all liquid forms of sugar, such as sugar-sweetened beverages, is very important if you’re trying to shed some extra pounds.
11. Sleep deprivation is linked to an increased risk of weight gain. Getting enough high quality sleep should be one of your main priorities.
12. As a general weight loss advice, it’s always a good idea to keep track of what you’re eating.
13. Eating fatty fish or taking omega-3 supplements may improve your overall health. Some evidence also suggests it may reduce belly fat in people with fatty liver disease.
14. When it comes to fat gain, fruit juice can be just as bad as sugary soda. Consider avoiding all sources of liquid sugar
15. Apple cider vinegar may help you to lose some weight. Animal studies suggest it may help to reduce belly fat.
16. Taking probiotic supplements may help promote a healthy digestive system. Studies also suggest that beneficial gut bacteria may help promote weight loss.
17. Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern that alternates between periods of eating and fasting.
18. Regularly drinking green tea has been linked to weight loss, though it’s probably not as effective on its own and best combined with exercise.
19. Losing weight and keeping it off is difficult unless you permanently change your dietary habits and lifestyle.
Click to explore
7 Surprising Health Benefits of Eating Seaweed