Here are Eight impressive health benefits of apples,all based on evidence.
Apple With over 7,000 different cultivars available worldwide apples are an exceptionally healthy fruit with many research-backed benefits.
1. Apples are a good source of fiber and vitamin C. They also contain antioxidants, like vitamin E, and polyphenols that contribute to the fruit’s numerous health benefits.
2. Apples are particularly filling due to their high fiber and water content. Their polyphenols may also have anti-obesity effects.
3. Apples promote heart health in several ways. They’re high in soluble fiber, which helps lower cholesterol
4. They also have polyphenols, which are linked to lower blood pressure and stroke risk.
5. Eating apples is linked to a lower risk of type 2 diabetes, potentially due to their polyphenol content.
6. The type of fiber found in apples improves your gut-friendly bacteria, which may be why the fruit is thought to help protect against chronic diseases.
7. Apples contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help regulate immune responses and protect against asthma. However, more research, especially in humans, is needed.
8. Quercetin in apples may protect your brain against oxidative stress. However, further research is needed to validate the effect of eating the whole fruit.
* Apples are an incredibly nutritious fruit that offers multiple health benefits.
* Apples rich in fiber and antioxidants. Eating them is linked to a lower risk of many chronic conditions, including diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
* Apples may also promote weight loss and improve gut and brain health.