These eight foods are some of the high-carbohydrate foods that should be avoided:
1. Soft pretzel While delicious, the soft pretzel is a nutrition-poor source of carbohydrates. One medium soft pretzel contains 80 grams of carbs.
2. Processed sugary cereal A sugary bowl of cereal is high in bad carbs, likely including both processed grains and processed sugar.
3. Canned fruit One serving of canned peaches in syrup provides 9% of the recommended serving of carbohydrates.
4. Doughnuts Doughnuts are a popular morning treat, but one chocolate-frosted donut contains just under 30 grams of carbs.
5. Soda One glass of soda contains 26 grams of carbs. Studies show that people who drink soda are less likely to eat healthy sources of carbs.
6. Potato chips and corn chips Whether you are a fan of potato chips or corn chips, it’s good to be aware that both contain about 15 grams of carbohydrates.
7. Gummy candy Just 10 small gummy bears contain 22 grams of carbs. Treats like gummy bears can add up quickly when snacking and offer practically no nutritional value.
8. French fries One medium-sized order of fries from a popular fast-food restaurant can yield 47 grams of carbs, providing 16% of your daily recommended carbohydrates.