How much does Patrick Mahone make? Mahomes was entering the fourth year of his rookie contract, which guaranteed him USD 16 million this season. He would have been able to leave the team for free in 2022. He’ll make over USD 50 million per season and leave as a Chief when his deal ends at age 36.
In 2021, the Kansas City Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes came to terms with an extension of their previous contract, which was the most lucrative in the history of the National Football League (NFL). As a result of the fact that multiple players make more than his $45 million in average annual salary, he is currently just the ninth highest-paid quarterback in the NFL.
Even though the quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles, Jalen Hurts, whom Mahomes defeated in the Super Bowl and now earns $51 million yearly, Mahomes is just 27 years old. The quarterback for the Baltimore Ravens, Lamar Jackson, has finally agreed to an extension of his current deal, which would increase his annual salary to $52 million.
It may seem unusual for a player of Mahomes’ quality to drop the compensation rankings. Still, it is essential to remember that the NFL salary limit is a moving objective. Although it may seem strange, the NFL pay cap is a satisfying goal.
Despite this, Mahomes has been very successful in the corporate world. According to Forbes, his earnings from endorsement relationships with firms like Adidas, Oakley, and State Farm are expected to bring him around $40 million in 2021.
In fact, the vast majority of his wealth comes from endorsement agreements; the sum he earns from the Chiefs as part of his basic compensation is a negligible amount of all of his off-field earnings. However, Mahomes’ financial success may be attributed to much more than just his football career and endorsement deals.
Patrick Mahomes, the investor
- The text could benefit from more detailed information about how Mahomes’ investment in Zenefits and Whoop has impacted his financial success. Including specific numbers or examples of successful acquisitions could make the writing more engaging and informative for readers.
- The writing could be improved by providing more context about the NFL salary cap and how it affects player compensation. Explaining how the cap is determined and how it can fluctuate over time would help readers better understand why Mahomes’ salary may seem low compared to other players.
- The text could be more engaging by including quotes or insights from Mahomes about his financial strategies and goals. Including his perspective on his investment choices or his approach to managing his wealth could make the writing more relatable and exciting for readers. Mahomes is a wise investor, as shown by his shares in both Zenefits, a company that develops software for human resources, and Whoop, a wearable fitness gadget. His assets were greatly diversified when, in 2020, he joined the ownership group of the Kansas City Royals, making him a member.
Even though he is one of the wealthiest professional football players currently active in the league, he is still a long way from reaching the level of some of the all-time greats in the game.
For instance, Peyton Manning is estimated to have a net worth of $250 million due to his success in the sport of football and other commercial activities.
Aaron Rodgers, whose current net worth is estimated to be $120 million, will most likely continue to amass more money while he is based in New York.
- What other investments has Mahomes made besides Zenefits and Whoop, and how have they impacted his financial success?
- How do Mahomes’ off-field earnings compare to other NFL players, and what factors contribute to the differences in earnings?
- How has Mahomes’ ownership of the Kansas City Royals impacted his financial portfolio and overall wealth?
How much is Patrick Mahomes worth right now?
Patrick Mahomes, who is 27 years old, is expected to have a net worth of close to $40 million at this point in his career. Patrick is the youngest to buy a team in a professional sport since he owns a stake in the Kansas City Royals baseball club. This beloved franchise makes Patrick the youngest person ever to do so.
Is Patrick Mahomes the richest athlete?
With $59.3 million, Mahomes is ranked 24th on Forbes’ list. According to Forbes, “Mahomes made his third Super Bowl appearance in four years in February 2023, winning his second championship and his second MVP Award for the Super Bowl.”
How much money is Patrick Mahomes making a minute?
$100 per minute Kansas City Chiefs are about to PAY Patrick Mahomes.
What is Patrick Mahomes doing with his money?
Mahomes is one of the most popular players in the league, and as a result, he earns a significant amount of money both on and off the field. Since then, Mahomes has invested in several other sports clubs and cutting-edge sports technologies and eateries.
- How much does Patrick Mahomes make per second?
- How many interceptions did Patrick Mahomes throw this year?
- How many Super Bowls has Patrick Mahomes played in?